Frequently Asked Questions
How much will a plan cost?
This is a difficult question to answer until we have seen the site and have an idea of the brief.
Factors taken into consideration are the design process, who will be carrying out the work and site visits involved.
What areas do you cover?
Our range of design work covers the mid and north Leinster regions plus Cavan.
Other areas can be arranged if it is cost effective.
Do you charge a call out fee?
Yes we do the amount depends on locality.
This covers our time on site with you.
What is the procedure?
The Design Process
Initial design consultation
- To look at the garden/site.
- Meet the client and obtain a brief.
- From the initial design consultation the designer can calculate the design estimate.
- This is set out in the points below.
Design process – the average garden requires:
- Survey: Measuring, notes, photos – carried out by the designer.
- Base plan to scale
- Outline Design
- Final Plans
Sometimes projects require more work – this is discussed at the initial design consultation.
- Land surveyor to survey a large site.
- Tree report and survey this maybe required for planning permission.
- Working drawings – for Landscape contractors and builders.
- Tender procedure – to find a Landscape contractor.
- Site work and correspondence once the project starts onsite.
Copyright © 2006-2007, Landscape Restoration Design Ltd. All rights reserved.
Site designed and maintained by Bill O'Sullivan